Friday, January 9, 2009

Maternity Clothing Woes

Yesterday I went to the fabric store to see about purchasing some maternity skirt patterns. I can sew decently and so I figured I can sew myself some skirts. I have some really great fabrics I've bought just for the purpose of sewing skirts.

I was sorely disappointed at the options provided me. First off they put maternity patterns with lingerie - how do those two categories EVER go together. Then I found two pages in another pattern book. Reality was, the photos of the ladies looked as big as I do now and those clothes won't last the next 6 months. Plus I found no skirt patterns which was the only reason I went. So now I am at a loss on what to do next.

My big situation is I've never been pregnant during tax season. During tax season we are a suit and tie atmosphere and the rest of the year I can get away with khakis. So I am at a loss on what to do next to prepare my wardrobe for the tax season that is upon us.

Oh well, I'll figure something out. Jay suggested finding three outfits I already have and wearing them till the end of the pregnancy, sounds like fun to me.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Sally, being pregnant allows you the right to wear whatever you want. It only takes one look from you when they make a comment to keep them quite. Also, sleeping with your boss does not hurt!

Aim said...

Have you seen this Tutorial?

http://seemommysew.wordpress.com/maternity-skirt-tutorial-the-gwenna/

I haven't read it but the skirt looks like it would be cute. I saw another maternity tutorial the other day but now I can't find it. If I do I will send it to you. I hate the maternity clothes problem.

liz said...

I am at a lost on the sewing of clothes, but I do know that GapMaternity has some really nice "office wear". May be you can find a good sale. Good Luck!