Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Charlotte's Stocking

As with every new addition to our family a new stocking must always be made. This year I was really torn as to what I should make. My mother suggested I use an angel. So I had my sister send me a photo of her angel stocking that was made. It is really just beautiful.

The more I thought about it the more I wanted to do a Russian doll. After all that was the theme her baby quilt was that was made by Grandma. (By the way I seem to be unable to write today - it could have something to do with the fighting siblings). So I pulled out the fabric I purchased from Kristen and thought I'd use her design as my template.

So I'll just put it out there, I'm not totally happy with the face but I had a little time pressure to deal with. I finished this stocking at 11:30 pm on Christmas Eve. I was so happy to be done.


I beaded her name like I did with Chas' stocking. I also decided the use her middle name to even the look of the stocking out since her first name is so very long. It's actually longer then Bonnie's given name.

It's hard tot ell but on the belly area I used white beads to outline that little white design. I had a lot of fun creating this little lady.

On a side note I now know why I am just not able to post everything I do or all the funny things that go on in our household. It's definitely not the babies fault. I have broken up at least three fights between the two older kids and it just doesn't seem to end. So until the fighting period ends, which I know could be never, the posts will continue to dwindle. So just hang in there like I will.

6 comments:

Grandpa said...

That is a classic stocking and it looks so good! She will love it. Add it to another heirloom for the kids when they grow up.

Jeni Allen said...

That is amazing Sally! Look at all that hand sewing! I could never do that! That's why your embroidery looks so good too! I absolutely love it, even the face that you're not so sure about. The only reason you feel that way is because you've been looking at it for so long! Good job!

Lonita said...

I'm stunned you could manage to create something this intricate AND post about it with 3 kids - it's all I can do to keep 1 out of trouble! I love all the beading and the details on her stocking.

Donna said...

That stocking is beautiful! You do have a lot of patience because I could never sit around long enough to do it. The kids will quit fighting...one day!

allerkins said...

I love how it turned out! It's so beautiful! Charlotte is one very lucky little lady to have such a talented mom!

Student Entrepreneur said...

I love how the stocking turned out!! It is beautiful!!