Monday, January 11, 2010

Quilt Squares

For Sister's Weekend this year I've talked everyone into creating a quilt block. Well one for them selves and then one for each sister. The idea took off like fire and we've all been dreaming about different fabrics and what colors we want to use. One sister said she didn't want to be held down by just one color and I said the same thing. Here is my prototype:

Here is my dilemma. I'm not sure where I should exactly place the chicken in the middle. Also I'm thinking of making the blue square a little skinnier and the outside border a little wider. Any thoughts?

Here are a few different ideas I'm toying with for the chicken placement.






As you can see there are so many different choices that I could use. But I'm just not sure and could use some advice.

7 comments:

asmamasees said...

I like it with the two chicken in the two courners. I will show you what I am thinking of on Friday!!

Student Entrepreneur said...

Okay, I left that message!!

Jeni Allen said...

I vote for the first prototype and the last one. I do like the chicken in the middle. They are all so cute though!

Aim said...

What a fun idea! I like the top and bottom ones. Oh and the answer to getting a giraffe rattle is yes. Do you have any preference on color? Do you want me to send you pictures and you can pick?

Donna said...

I like the chicken in the middle, the brown really sets it off. It seems to be swallowed up by the blue when you move it outside the inside square. But they are all cute!

quilts and quirks said...

Cute squares Sally. I like number one the best, with the last second. I'm with Donna, the second and third chicken gets lost in the blue. You are really upping the ante with this block!!

Jeni Allen said...

After looking again I decided why I LOVE the first one so much, it's because the chicken is cockeyed. So cute! Can't wait until we have a finished project! Are your squares 12 1/2 inches?