Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Charlotte & Daddy

In the mornings Jay eats breakfast with the kids while I disappear and shower. If the routine doesn't go this way I'm not usually a very happy Mom. I need a little time to wake up in the morning before I face reality. Especially considering some nights I just don't get much sleep.

By the time I get showered and dresses Charlotte has had enough of her highchair. She proceeds to make such a fuss that Daddy can no longer ignore her and picks her up and they hang out. It has come to be one of my favorite things to see in the morning, but I didn't really let that be known till this morning I saw them together and my heart melted. I'm such a blubbering mom.

Here Charlotte is just looking at thinking who is that over there.

Little Charlotte has turned into such a happy little girl and is such a joy to have around. Last Saturday she turned 6 months old! I can't believe it. Usually I try to capture a photo of each baby when they turn a month older. This has gotten harder & harder every time a new baby is added to the family. Especially since the older kids usually want in on the photo.

Luckily we were playing outside on Saturday and I had the camera. Here is Charlotte sitting on the back porch, just like the other babies have done. She is playing in her exersaucer having a blast.

Look at how big our runt has grown, she is now 27 1/2 inches long (doc appt on Monday). The doc saw her height and mentioned that Charlotte would probably outgrow me by 6th grade. I laughed and said I expect all the children to outgrow me.

4 comments:

Donna said...

That is such a cute pic pf her and Jay. She is just so smiley!

sally said...

She really is such a cute smiler. We are so lucky.

Jeni Allen said...

I love smilers! All of mine were, and I always wonder what's wrong with other peoples babies that don't smile! I to am hoping they all outgrow me by 6-7 grade. M and A already have!

quilts and quirks said...

You have to watch it, Sally. When the child gets taller than the parent, things happen. Charlotte is a good smilier. You were too. And still are!!