Monday, November 17, 2008

The UN

When Jay and I lived in Queens we had many visitors. One year when Jay's parents were visiting us, we went to the UN and took a tour. Then we broke the rules and had a picnic lunch in their garden area. It was pretty fun that day.

Now when Jay and I are at home with our kids we no longer need to visit the UN because we are the UN at house Bradley. Basically Jay and I keep two small countries from fighting. Really in the end I think we are playing damage control because the smaller country, Chas, will soon be bigger than the current large country, Bonnie, and that small country is going to beat the crap out of the bigger country. I've seen it happen before.

Now that we've spent a few days at my sister's house it is fun to see the pecking order between the four little kids.

Currently Danny plays the role of a leader that create a war and then says not my fault. Currently some of his favorite things to say are: I didn't do it, It's not my fault, and Bonnie is doing ..... This cracks me up because 99.9% of the time I know it was him and that he did it.

Bonnie is a dictator of sorts. Whatever she wants, she takes - especially from Deano. Last night we were all eating popcorn and Bonnie had a full bowl. Deano wanted some and I told Bonnie to share - Deano came out of the deal with two pieces of popcorn. I just kind of laughed because later he found half a bag of popcorn on the counter and didn't share with Bonnie. He had so much fun moving popcorn from his plate to a space on the counter and back again.

I like to look at Deano as the underground resistance. He has the force of Mommy and Aunt Sally behind him and he wins much of the time. Like Chas, he will also grow to be larger than Danny and Bonnie and I have no doubt Chas and him will team up and beat the hell out of the older siblings. It will be a small war of sorts but be finished by nap time.

It has been fun watching how the change and interact with each other. Sometimes they play so wonderfully together and other times it is just frustrating as they continually pick on each other.

4 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

That is so funny!

Lonita said...

Bonnie sounds like quite the negotiator - managing to satisfy the opposition with two pieces of popcorn is pretty impressive!

quilts and quirks said...

I'm so very happy these grandchildren have each other to play with and enjoy. They may squabble, but they love each other so much. So fun to think of them as people in the UN.

Anonymous said...

sounds like danny takes after his name sake! or so I heard stories very similiar to these
aunt patti