Friday, May 4, 2007

On Being Mommy

When I gave birth to Bonnie I was really scared because I didn't know the first thing about being a mom. Now that Bonnie is 17 months old I feel I have a much better handle on the situation. I also never had any clue that spending time with Bonnie would become more and more fun as time went on.

Yesterday we went out to play in the yard with scooter and it was so much fun.


One of her favorite things to do is walk Scooter. While we were outside we found those seeds that when I was a kid we called helicopters. These seeds you hold up with your arm and then let them free fall. When the helicoters fall they twist in circles. Bonnie got such a kick out me showing her this that she kept playing and playing with the helicopters. I really enjoyed just watching her giggle and clap at how well she had done. While we were playing I realized all the wonderful memories Bonnie brings back to me about my childhood.
I'm the young sister here with my older sister Jeni. I can't even begin to talk about all the fun we had as kids - we were a very large family. I remember many forts being built and destroyed. Another fond memory is all the birthday parties we had for our family. I could go on but with seven kids there just tends to be so many wonderful memories.

Well on that note have a great weekend. I'm finishing up Bonnie's first sundress and maybe starting on a second. I do have some gifts I have to finish up for baby showers for next week. Looks like it will be a busy crafting weekend.

No comments: