Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sister's Weekend 2010

Sister's Weekend just ended on Sunday. I am sad to be home but really missed getting the normal amount of sleep I normally get. Charlotte doesn't like to sleep as long as normal on vacation. This year we decided each of us would make a quilt square and then we could make our own lap quilts.

Here is my finished quilt with the two kids I left behind. It was so wonderful not having all three kids with me.


This is the top three quilt square. From left to right the squares were made by Jeni, Lonita, and me.


Here is the center three squares. The one on the left is Suzanne's square and the one on the right is Allison's square. The square in the middle is one I made since we only had a total of eight squares. I cut out an S and W. Then I sewed the letters on and in orange thread I used my machine to write Sisters over the S and Weekend over the W. The little red square is the Olivia pig laying on the floor and it says "Worn Out." We all thought that was perfect since at the end of sister's weekend we are utterly exhausted.

These are the three bottom squares and from left to right they were made by, my Mom, Donna, and Krissie.

I am always fearful of creating quilts because I'm just not sure if the fabrics I use ever go with each other. For example I think I like my quilt but I'm just not sure it all works together. I really wanted to use the purple fabric because I bought it a long time ago and I've lately been trying to use some of the fabrics I love but don't want to use. This purple fabric was one of them.

So what do you think?

8 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

I love it!!! Really Love it!!!! I think when everyone is done, we all need to take pictures so that we can put them next to each other and see all the different things each gal has done!!!

This makes me excited to get mine done!!!!

Good job Sally!!!

Lonita said...

It's so fun to see all the squares together - it turned out great! And thanks for giving me credit for my square - though you could perhaps have described it as "made by Donna" :-).

Krissie said...

The quilt looks great! Don't worry Lonita, Jeni & mom did my quilt block for me at the weekend...I had no idea how to do it!

allerkins said...

Ok, Sally, I LOVE the way it turned out. I am actually very jealous. I don't think you have to worry about the colors going together. For this type of quilt, it's perfect!!

Jeni Allen said...

I LOVE it Sally! That's a great way to stretch it out and make it longer! I quilted mine "in the ditch" and I love how it turned out! SO MUCH FUN!

Donna said...

Love your quilt Sally. I think it turned out great.I like how you combined lots of different fabrics, it looks good together.

quilts and quirks said...

I love the quilt. I especially like the bird fabric. That fabric extends the quilt so it actually is a good size lap quilt. Perfect for watching TV in the cold winter months.Fantastic job. I love Bonnie and Chas beside it. I love each square.

Aim said...

I think this is such a good idea, I'm going to have to suggest it to my sisters. Yours turned out great!