Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day Cupcakes


Mother's Day Cupcakes
Originally uploaded by Jay&Sally

Mother's day was just so fun this year.

One of my favorite things to do is bake. I love making cookies, cakes, and pies. Jay's family is loving having me live close. So for mother's day I made cupcakes. I hadn't made cupcakes in a long time and I really enjoyed it.

I'm currently in a phase that I like to try all kids of different toppings or decorating. For these cupcakes I had wanted to make strawberry frosting but upon finding strawberry frosting recipes I didn't have all the ingredients. so I decided to finally make white frosting and cut up the strawberries and put them on top. The cupcakes were really quite good.

Then for my Mother's day present Jay bought me a bunch of flowers to plant outside our house. We spent half of Saturday planting flowers and then we headed over to Grandma Bradley's house and helped plant flowers over there. It was just a really fun weekend.

No comments: